surge covid 19 statement
It is Surge to New Levels main priority to maintain the health of its members, clients, and guests. With the introduction of Governor Pritzker's Phase 3 Recovery step, it would allow us to continue with personal training, outdoor classes, and gatherings of 10 people.
As a private gym with over 12,000 square feet we're confident in our ability to reopen responsibly following the guidelines stated above. With Phase 3 we will move forward with a soft reopening allowing for personal training and designated times for members. The following precautions will be put in place (for full detailed policies, available below)
-No Guest Passes, New Memberships Limited Based on Capacity Limits
-10 Member Limit Per 2 Hours and Personal Training by Appointment Only
-No Large Group Classes, Small Groups Limited to Only 2 Per Session
-Wash Hands When Entering Gym, Face Masks Highly Recommended
-Social Distancing and Mandatory Cleaning of Equipment Enforced
If you have any questions regarding our policies or are inquiring about membership. Please feel free to call 630 335 1749 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments for member lifting time slots
These time slots are for members only, no guests. All time slots are limited to 10 people and two hours. You may only choose 4 days per week on a per week basis. No scheduling weeks in advance. Please try to choose non prime time slots if possible for those who may not have the same flexibility in their schedule. Use the following link to set up your time:
Click Here for Member Only Appointments
If you are planning on coming from 9PM to 5AM, use the link below to secure your spot. The tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet can be used to select different days.
Click Here for After Hours Member Only Appointments
NEw membership and Guest pass inquiries
If you are interested in a membership please contact us at 630 335 1748 or email@example.com. New members will be added based on the availability of time slots. If there are no open spots you will be put on a wait list until we reach Phase 4. Guest passes will not be available during this time until Phase 4 as well.
Spacing, Capacity, and Numbers
Locker Rooms and Public Restrooms
- Limit to 10 members per 2 hours slots and personal training by appointment only with six feet in between members/clients, except in special circumstances where people are forced into close proximity for safety reasons such as spotting and personal training. No guests allowed and limited new membership based on capacity limits.
- Set up facility up for social distancing by moving and spacing equipment 6 feet apart or by disabling certain pieces of equipment that can't be moved. Encouraging members and trainers to workout outside when possible.
- Large group classes will not be allowed during this time and will be limited to only small group training which is defined as no more than 2 people per session.
- Reinforce spacing through training with personal trainers and members/clients.
- Remove excess seating throughout the facility to discourage lingering.
- Establish scheduling system for trainers, members, and clients in order to enforce time slots and maintain information for potential contact tracing.
- Hand washing and sanitation upon entering the office and before going into the gym.
- Face masks are highly recommend in all areas as much as possible with exceptions in the case that they impede proper breathing and risk the immediate health of a client, member, or trainer. Must be used when spotting others.
- Provide cleaning sprays and wipes for the mandatory cleaning of equipment after use.
- Routine cleaning every shift by staff of the gym and high contact areas in the office and in general.
- Opening of the garage door to allow for better ventilation.
- No chalk, members must bring their own
- In entry, post signage regarding social distancing and cleaning expectations.
- Post reminder signage inside the gym by the exit for the gym.
Locker Rooms and Public Restrooms
- Storage cubicles are not to be used and gym members must keep their belongings in their bag and with them through the duration of their visit.
- Clean and wipe down restrooms every personal training shift, especially high touch areas like faucets, handles, etc.
- If independent showers are to be used by members and clients, they MUST be properly wiped down by that personal after use.
- Make sure proper supplies are stocked at all times and that bathrooms and showers are clean and presentable.