Open Membership Information
Surge is Chicago's Powerlifting Destination! At 12,000 square feet, we have one of the largest facilities in the nation and also offer competition standard strongman and boxing equipment!
We are home to to all levels from beginner to world class professional athletes. All experience levels are welcome to join as long as they are genuinely interested in being part of our community and follow our three core values:
RESPECT | HUMILITY | GIVING BACK
As we have no staff so we count on the support of our members to keep SURGE special. Help us take care of the gym, and the gym will take care of you!
- Sergio and Jackie (Gym Dad and Mom)
"If you are new to SURGE feel free to check out the video above!
Truly captures the essence of what we're all about!"
MEMBERS REQUIRED TO REVIEW GYM EXPECTATIONS (CLICK HERE)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to be a powerlifter, strongman, or boxer to join? Although we primarily serve competitive powerlifting, strongman, and boxing athletes; you do not have to compete to be a part of the gym! We welcome all levels from beginner to world class lifters!
- Does SURGE have a locker room, sauna, and/or other commercial amenities? As a warehouse style gym, we do not have many of the commercial amenities you may see at a Life Time Fitness. Our focus is on powerlifting so what you see is what you get!
- Why is membership so expensive? SURGE is home to the widest array of competition grade equipment you will find in the entire Midwest! As a private gym, our focus is on quality not quantity and we want to encourage a community that takes care of the gym!
- Why is there an annual maintenance fee? This fee is in place to allow us to continue to not only update the facility, but also conduct repairs and maintenance due to the high volume of traffic we see yearly!
- I've never been to a private powerlifting gym, what should I know? Our biggest values are respect, humility, and giving back! Please don't be afraid to ask for help and our members are more than willing you out. We also highly recommend visiting the gym expectations page for a quick run down on general etiquette at the gym!
- How do I gain 24/7 access? All memberships include 24/7 access via a key card you will receive once you have signed up!
- Is SURGE open year-round? SURGE is open all year-round! The only time we close are to host events and competitions which we will always post here on the website or on our social media!
- Am I allowed to bring in a friend? Members are welcome to bring in guests! Please note members are 100% responsible for their guests while they visit. This includes signing in, paying, and following our gym expectations while at the gym!